Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Velocity Day 3

Day 3 thus far is much stronger than day 2 was. I'm feeling pretty much unaffected by my restricted calories, and am as sharp as usual. I realized this morning that the chocolate milk I've been drinking is not the same as the one I'd quoted when arranging my plan. This actually has 167 cals rather than 208 per 250ml. I included a bit of that this morning to my first meal & I think it might have helped me find a better balance.

Jon got back today & I used his bioimpedence calculator to see if I'd had any measurable results yet. What was the verdict? My body fat had changed by 2%.. up! After getting a little more info on how the machine works, the result made more sense. Fat is a poor conductor of electric current, so a lower measure of conductivity correlates with a higher % body fat. Conversely, a higher measure of conductivity correlates with lower fatty mass. One great conductor of current is water. All the water I've lost between my reduced carbohydrate stores and the diuretic effect of all the protein I've ingested has measurably reduced the conductivity of my body & has affected my result. At least I've got a benchmark now so I can interpret what kind of changes come about over the upcoming days & weeks.

Thanks to my friend Matt for promoting my adventure! I figure that the more hype I can generate, the easier it'll be for me to adhere to my plan.

For now though, off to work.