Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Velocity Day 2 cont.

Day 2 has come to a close. Today's workout performance didn't excel, but it was up to par, and my carbohydrate depletion didn't stop me from completing it with full effort.

I was feeling pretty rough in the early afternoon, so I split my post workout chocolate milk. I had 100ml before hand and 150ml afterwards but the extra carbs were a huge help to me. I'm feeling pretty flat still, but I've got the energy to get my daily tasks done and I'm not particularly hungry. If I start feeling rough regularly, now I know the chocolate milk will pick me up.

I was thinking today about how a lot of people have trouble reprogramming of their dietary habits. The common approach is to try to subtract bad habits from your lifestlye. I notice in myself that I have a hard time making that stick long-term. Maybe a more effective approach (for people who have the same trouble) is to subtract all habits. Starting from a clean slate a person can be more aware of what their habits truly are, and maybe be more effective implementing a style of eating that suits them. Coming off the diet & trying to incorporate food back into myself is going to be another adventure altogether.

As a parting note: I didn't realize 'til today what a fantastic job restaurants do of marketing their food! I hate them for it. I think my first meal back is going to be Red Lobster... they've looked very convincing!