Monday, September 27, 2004

Canada to flex military muscle

For a long while I was perfectly happy with Canada's virtually demilitarized state, but recently I've seen the need for competent military strength become more apparant. Now, I'm fully in support of efforts to significantly increase Canada's military strength, so that we'll never have to deal with a Darfur or some other such situation here at home.

In a move that's great and I'm glad was made by us, Paul Martin has decided to make the first move in Sudan by offering to train African peacekeepers to help defuse the tensions in Darfur. I think its great that we're all willing to help out a country in need. Also, I'd be equally sad if I lived in Sudan, and didn't have peacekeepers of my own to handle the situation.

Also, I think something's going buggy on a global scale when the first country to resort to military intervention is Canada.