Monday, October 25, 2004

Why do they make it so easy?

US senator Jim Bunning refused to confirm reports that US soldiers in Iraq had refused to accept a fuel delivery mission. Apparantly the group's vehicles were too lightly armored for their liking, and refused to go on a "suicide mission". Good for them I say. From what I can tell the US is hanging it's soldiers out to dry, so why put your neck on the line for such ungrateful leaders. Here's the gold, courtesy of our baseball hall of faming senator Bunning:

"Let me explain something: I don't watch the national news, and I don't read the paper. I haven't done that for the last six weeks. I watch Fox News to get my information."

Read: "I can't confirm these reports because I have no idea what's happening in my country."

If the news keeps up this way, we can expect some great Daily Show this week.