Friday, April 21, 2006

The true sound of fat-loss pills

Okay, it's nearly 1 in the morning.. or evening. Whichever you want to call it, I should be sleeping right now, but I'm doing a little last minute studying before my exams tomorrow morning. After briefly resurrecting my blogging, it died off going into exam period here, but after tomorrow I'm home-free & will hopefully be posting more regularly.

However, it's very late & I just read a little blurb on a proposed OTC (over-the-counter) fat loss pill that is currently under review by the FDA. It's a fat-blocker called Alli and it works in much the same way as other pills you may have seen advertised on TV, right around this time of day. It blocks up to 1/3 of the fat you consume from being absorbed, so you consume the same # of calories, but actually absorb a smaller number. However, it's prone to many of the usually side effects associated with this type of pill which, while probably not terribly harmful to you long term, are also probably not worth the trouble. Side effects may include: "abdominal cramping, oily stools, and rampant bouts of wet, uncontrollable, "chainsaw-like" flatulence ripping through the seat of their elastic-waisted pants like the tusks of a wild boar tearing through rotted cheesecloth." (not my words, although I wish they had been)

I read this description and had a true moment of clarity: Chris, we have finally uncovered the secret to your svelte & shapely curves! Since you have clearly been taking this product since 1993 at the latest, I suggest you contact Xenical (the company manufacturing it) and demand compensation.